“Probably you are not interested in learning all the buttons and prepare yourself for a Microsoft exam, you just want to get started with managing your project!”
Course 1: Milestones and Highlight Reporting
Failing to lay the perfect foundation for your schedule is the foundation for failing. Many project professionals failed in their attempts to implement MS Project because they have started off the wrong foot. Focus is the keyword – Focus on the benefits, which is delivering output from your schedule.
- Study 6 hours, create your project file in 2 hours and send the report to your manager the same day
- Don’t worry about settings and easy views, use the included template with all recommended settings.
- The Secret on where to start, and doing nothing more than is necessary
- Schedule upcoming, completed and past Milestones against your Deadlines
- Learn how to generate a Highlight Report directly from MS Project
- Learn how your manager wants to be informed about the status of your project
- Project Management Essentials, such as scope, issues, risks, deliverables, goals, benefits and why having a schedule is so important
Course 2: Task Management
Going to the advanced stuff too quickly is an important reason why schedules are unreliable. A small schedule that is manually maintained can be more valuable than a large, ‘advanced’ schedule that is too difficult to properly maintain. We will show you EXACTLY how to set up a schedule that is above all RELIABLE!
- The checklist for a complete backbone of a robust schedule
- Structure your schedule with all best practices regarding tasks and summary tasks
- Learn our Monday morning routine to update your schedule with newest insights
- Use the Baseline functionality as a driving force behind your continuous improvement or work processes
- 4 hours study, enhance your project file in 4 hours and report the same day
- Learn how to generate a report with completed and upcoming tasks per project phase, directly from MS Project
Course 3: Critical Path Management
Rarely I find a schedule without those mistakes that add hours of manual labor to an already busy work week. It has become a sport to help project professionals accelerate the efficiency of their schedule, by doing simple things, like changing links, removing unnecessary constraints etcetera. Efficiency also means that a schedule can be shorter. I always accept the challenge to make a schedule several weeks shorter just by focusing on the Critical Path.
- Learn the 3 Secret checks to save up to 4 hours per week on a 100-line schedule
- Use correct links to have MS Project work for you, not the other way around
- Do the exercises to learn to trust MS Projects calculations
- Learn 10 hours, automate your project file in a day, and report to your manager the next day
- Links, constraints, Critical Path Analysis and Management, Progress Tracking in an automated schedule and plan against baselines
- Implement these learnings and your schedule will outperform 90% of the schedules made throughout the world
At this point you may have a perfect model of your project that will forecast your main deliveries. It could be though that it is not realistic enough yet, as resources induce many additional dependencies. You could think of shortage of resources with a certain skill set, holidays, or responsibilities in other projects. If you or your organization require(s) more, this e-course will explain you how to achieve that.
- Quizzes that help you to understand when to use Fixed Work, Duration or Units
- Learn everything about calendars and how these impact your schedule
- Learn the method to explain your risks of having limited resources to your manager
- Be able to back up your claim that your project is in trouble and you need managerial interaction
- Know the secrets of the resource leveling feature – it is not scary
- Get the solution to explaining why your project will take so much longer
- Use the Resource Views lean & mean and answer all questions on capacity and availability
Course 5: Cost Management
Many, many times we see that project timing and project resourcing are managed in MS Project, while project finances are kept in Excel. Using the financial governance capabilities in MS Project is often an unexploited area. This is a waste, because only adding rates to resources will already bring you half way. MS Project can calculate anything for you directly from your schedule.
- Get rid of your last separate Excel-sheets and get everything from MS Project
- Learn how to prepare the perfect financial output to your finance department
- Be able to explain the earned value of your project and expected cost at completion
- Generate a financial overview directly from your schedule with all kinds of segmentations of costs
- Rate tables, Materials, Out-of-Pocket, Budgets, learn the exact way of incorporating the complete picture
- Learn how to make custom views, filter and reports
- Learn 6 hours, improve your schedule in a day and generate your financial report the day after
Not what you expected? 100% Money-back guarantee!
Second thoughts within 14 days after purchase?? No problem, simply send us an email and we will refund your money to your bank account. That’s all!
Why so easy? Simple, we just want you to have the best possible experience with us!
How we came to make this course…
Confident I have found yet another bug ;-), the PMO guy explained me it was just a setting and now it should work the way I wanted. Not feeling convinced at all, I was just waiting for the next mousetrap out there to step just into. Reporting and committing based on this schedule? NO WAY, I simply don’t trust it. Give me my Excel template back! I need it! I cannot live without it!
Actually I am exaggerating here a little bit, but hopefully I now have your attention… I learned quite quickly that living by only three basic principles can mean the difference between getting frustrated by MS Project and becoming very HAPPY with MS Project. These principles mean all the difference!
What were the things I have learned? Well, I learned that it was just like Excel, what I can do there, I can also do in MS Project. I can get rid of all my separate Excel-sheets, for resource claims and project costs. Of course, Microsoft thought of that when designing the tool!
In hindsight there is always a valid reason why MS project changes things, it was build to simulate reality and in reality everything changes constantly anyhow. For me it was needed to know about these reasons quick, so knowing a colleague with experience was very helpful for me.
Also, it appeared to be very important and crucial to success, to think before you begin. Let me ask you this: have you ever built an IKEA wardrobe? Is it important to start with the instructions instead of just putting pieces together? Will it give you better chance that it will give you the end-result you had in mind when buying it at IKEA?
“Do you want to know about these easy-to-implement principles that will save you up to 4 hours per week?”
By now, we have trained over 5,000 project professionals and consulted in over 40 organizations. We took all this experience and feedback and we decided to create the ideal approach to learning and embedding MS Project. We wrote everything down once more and analyzed all the online learning concepts such as BLOOM and 70-20-10 for the perfect didactic approach. We structured it based on the ideal learning curve and combined it into a proven proposition to embed MS Project into daily operations. We overextended our offering! Will we make a lot of money offering so much? No! Are we proud to present this to you? Absolutely!
- Learn a Way of Work, instead of how to push buttons
- Unique: a preset Template with the method and a ready-to-use Highlight Report
- Unique: A learning journey that is phased by Maturity Levels, each with an implementation solution
- Learn the Secret to save up to 4 hours per week on a 100-line schedule
- If you learn today, you can implement tomorrow and have your own schedule on that level
- The formula to be able to WOO your manager with a first report within a week
- A concept that has been embraced by PMPs/MVPs/Authors and Project Professionals from all over the world
Testimonial on learning MS Project via e-course
“After only a few clicks I turned from being sceptic to very positive. Despite the fact that this is an online training, the course goes into depth. In fast steps the course gets to the essence of MS Project and it’s a useful and enjoyable way to learn all about MS Project, to expand your MS Project knowledge and to learn everything about how to successfully finish a project.”
Johan ten Hove, Senior Project Planner @ Liandon, Arnhem, Netherlands